Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - If anyone is looking for a new air compressor you might want to check this out.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I remember a while back there was a bunch of lawn mowers being sold as "refurbished" and the guy at the store, if he knew what he was talking about, said there was a warehouse full of them that sustained water damage to the boxes from water used to fight a fire. The insurance company paid for all of them and they were simply auctioned and re-boxed then sold as "refurbished" by the salvage buyer, makes sense. I bought a "reconditioned", not sure if that is different from "refurbished", gas powered pressure washer from a discount store a few years ago for $259. It had an 8 HP horizontal shaft Briggs I/C engine on it but the brand name of the pump and the washer as a unit had been stripped from it, it had no brand name anywhere on it except for the Briggs engine, just evidence of label removal. In any case the darn thing was brand new! The engine obviously had never been started and the pump had never been wet inside, likewise the hose assembly had never been used either. The thing was entirely new from A to Z but for some reason it was repackaged and sold as reconditioned at a fraction of the new cost. I bought it thinking the engine was worth more than that but I have had the darn thing now for over 10 years and have no trouble at all with it. I would not hesitate to buy one of those compressors if I needed one, that thing is going to be a bargain for someone!