Hot Rod Forum banner

if it werent for bad luck, id have no luck atol

760 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  engineman302 
#1 ·
:( i tell ya, it sucks to be be. my new truck i bought here while back, i wrot a thread on all the troubles i had getting it running properly. the list was as long as my arm. so finaly i got it purring like a kitten, running good , good fuel econ. well that lasted about a week. sat night we were headed out for some fun ,when i started to hear a ticking noise, we werent 5 miles from where we were going so we went ahead and partyed anyway.well in that five miles the ticking turned into a monky with a ball peen hamer trying to get out.it reached a climax on the way home and isnt getting any louder.it sounds like a rocker arm loose but about three times as loud.ive checked all the useual stuff like rocker arm adj. fuel pump spring.torque conv bolts.timing ect.i took a pvc pipe and listened around the block and it seems to be loudest in the front , mainly on #2 cyl.and it seems to be up top insted of low. esp if you put the pipe on the head bolts on #1 and #2 its real loud.i havent ruled out the lifters or the cam yet ,but i think i have a top off a piston. so here we go agian. this is why i quit my 4 wd project, tired of working on it rather than driving it ( lol )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.