If your driving in the left turn only lane, Do you signal? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: If you are in a LEFT (or RIGHT) turn only lane, do you signal?
yes 16 84.21%
no 0 0%
sometimes 2 10.53%
Why signal, everyone knows I'm turning. 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So it was you that yelled at me Dan!!

Not really but,

I dont have signal's, Well I do, but my signal arm stripped the little screw that goes in the cam gear.
So I use hand signals always.
The other day some guy was on my rear, I had my arm out the window full length signaling a left turn. (a good 2 and half to 3 feet of arm). Guy almost clips my rear end then he proceds to yell at me use your ------ signals you ---hole and proceded on his way. Made me mad I wanted to break my foot off in his you know where LOL.

Anyways since when did people forget about hand signals? I've always got people going straight infront of me while im turning left at 4 way stops another big peeve, usually thats when I show em the finger and yell like theres no tomorrow.

Even tho at the time being I have no lighted signals, I do take the time and also the elements (rain, cold, snow yea right) , driving around with my window down doing hand signals.

Last time I took my dmv written drivers test it had hand signals as a question. I've had police officers behind me before while I'm using hand signals they don't seem to mind. in fact i think they are happy that I take the time to actually point to where I'm going.

Glad I don't live in L.A. or The Big Apple now thats some traffic.

Just a little rant about the idiotic drivers around here.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Nah, Elky, it wasn't me. Hand signals would be a lost art in out area..lol. I have asked people turning into parking lot drives, while I waited to get out, not using their signal, "I guess those new [insert vehicle they are driving] don't come with turn signals this year"? Dirty looks are usually the answer. Dan
Old 11-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

The car manufacturers have spent millions if not billions of dollars designing the little stick coming out form the side of the steering column and they do expect you to use it and you would be surprised at how many do not seem to know what that item is for, at least it appears that way as every day I see people zip in and out of traffic without using them flashy things. In all seriousness make sure that your flasher system is in good condition. If the cam in the column needs to be replaced, the hardest part is removing the steering wheel. Walk around you car on a regular basis just to check all of your lights. The police will give you a ticket for failure to signal and for bulbs that are burnt out.

Drive Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 11:45 AM

Last journal entry: "Z" construction
Last photo:

My theory is if Hot Rodders follow the rules of driving the sport will be around a long time. If we draw attention to ourselves by breakin' the rules, we may all lose the right to build kewl cars....
Old 11-21-2004, 11:53 AM

turn signal

i use my turn signal but have wondered about this question for some time.. why use it if it would BE ILLEGAL to do anyhting but turn.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:56 PM

Another reason to signal and have all bulbs working.
If you are pulled over for one of these reasons they are also going to ask what flavor beer you are drinking and what's that you're smoking.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.