Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ignition switch
Thread: Ignition switch
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD Guy View Post
I don't read the tranny section...... but there is always the possiblity of a bad new part. What's the issue?

Well, basically I'm throwing a few codes:

p0740- torque converter clutch circuit

p0785- shift/timing solenoid

p1860- solenoid circuit electrical

After I clear the codes they seem to keep pending. This doesn't happen constantly but at least once a day when I go to take off from a stopped position I have to have the pedal almost to the floor just to get it moving. It's seeming like when it does act up I'm missing 1st and OD. At this point I pull over and clear codes, even if there is none to clear, and then turn the truck on and off a few times. It seems to act normal again after that.

After doing some research I found someone having the same exact issue and throwing the same codes. He changed the ignition switch and it worked. It seemed to work for several other people as well.

I change the ignition switch and its still doing what it was doing, which is exactly how the people in my research were explaining it.

Do you think that the ignition switch that I put in was faulty? I can't really see there being anything wrong with the tranny because when its not acting up, it's working fine.