Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm back, again, sheesh
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 03:48 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMan9600
I got rid of the Mustang and bought a 1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor while I was gone!
Congrats! I had a '96 (In black, which is wwaaaaayyy more bad@$$ j/k ) be VERY CAREFUL with that car, it has alot more power than you probably realize! I got rid of it partially because it was "too fast". It is a dog off the line, but once it's up to 40mph better grab hold of that steering wheel, it's gunna take off like a rocket straight to 140 in a matter of seconds! On the freeway, you'll be faster than any camaro, firebird, mustang, 3000gt, 340z, etc. (Nobody could keep up with me on the freeway!...ok, so a corvette or viper could kick my ***.....)

Quote:
there is a stupid heater return hose UNDER the Intake Manifold that is leaking antifreeze and I need to replace which involves taking the entire top half of the freakin' engine apart!
Do a very close inspection of that intake when you have it off. The early 4.6L's are notorious for cracking water jackets in the plastic intakes. Had to have mine replaced, cost me $700. $350 was just for the new intake.

A great site for info is www.crownvic.net

I know you will have fun with that car. It may be big, but it has great handling, good ride quality, it's quiet, power everything....can you tell I'd like to get another one someday