Hot Rod Forum banner

I'm back, again, sheesh

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SkyMan9600 
#1 ·
Long story short, I've been grounded pretty much all this time because my grades went to **** whenever I started working 40 hours a week and going to school. But, I got rid of the Mustang and bought a 1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor while I was gone! :thumbup: By the way, any of you know anything about overhead camshaft modular motors? I hate these stupid things now. There are NO inexpensive performance parts, I have no idea what I'm looking at whenever I pop the hood, there are wires galore, I don't even know how to replace the computer chip, and there is a stupid heater return hose UNDER the Intake Manifold that is leaking antifreeze and I need to replace which involves taking the entire top half of the freakin' engine apart! By the way, here are a couple pics of it (It's really dirty right now, but I'm going to clean it when I replace the heater return hose in the next 3 days).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Few more pics...

1.) Stupid leak from the hose UNDER the Intake Manifold.
2.) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3.) Check out the mileage, still going strong too :thumbup:

In all seriousness though, I have my hands on a 2003 motor waiting to be installed that only has 2,000 miles because the car was totaled.

Oh yeah, one last thing, the speedometer says 140mph but it only goes 135mph due to the electronic speed limiter... Is there any way to take it off?

Attachments

#6 ·
SkyMan9600 said:
I got rid of the Mustang and bought a 1995 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor while I was gone! :thumbup:
Congrats! I had a '96 (In black, which is wwaaaaayyy more bad@$$ j/k :D ) be VERY CAREFUL with that car, it has alot more power than you probably realize! I got rid of it partially because it was "too fast". It is a dog off the line, but once it's up to 40mph better grab hold of that steering wheel, it's gunna take off like a rocket straight to 140 in a matter of seconds! On the freeway, you'll be faster than any camaro, firebird, mustang, 3000gt, 340z, etc. (Nobody could keep up with me on the freeway!...ok, so a corvette or viper could kick my ***.....)

there is a stupid heater return hose UNDER the Intake Manifold that is leaking antifreeze and I need to replace which involves taking the entire top half of the freakin' engine apart!
Do a very close inspection of that intake when you have it off. The early 4.6L's are notorious for cracking water jackets in the plastic intakes. Had to have mine replaced, cost me $700. $350 was just for the new intake.

A great site for info is www.crownvic.net

I know you will have fun with that car. It may be big, but it has great handling, good ride quality, it's quiet, power everything....can you tell I'd like to get another one someday :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.