Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 07:25 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Red face I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car

I have had it!! I have spent $1500 trying to figure out why my car runs like ****!! I recently rebuilt my engine (5000 miles and by a professional race shop) and it won't run good. For about 2000 miles, it ran like a beast-400 horsepower- but now it barely runs when it is cold-sounds and feels like it only has 2 cylinders- and won't go faster than about 20 mph for a mile unless the car has been heating up for 10 minutes. I started with a 600cfm Holley and stock dist after the rebuild; I now have a new MSD ProBillet RTR distributor and 650cfm Speed Demon carb. The fuel pump is a Holley 70+ gph mechanical and the gauge has been showing 7 psi when cold and it drops to below 2 psi when hot. This is the second gauge on the distribution block for the fuel supply and both have been broken. I ordered another one to see if it is the fuel pump but it is fairly new. I can't figue it out and I'm come to two conclusions: 1) I'm going to drive the car off a cliff, or 2) I'm going to light it on fire and have a barbeque! Please help anyone. I know my name makes it look like it is blown but it is not yet. I have plans for it once I can get it running correctly.