Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

take it easy man, and take you a breather for a few days, or months like i did on my car. First off, I`d make sure it`s not vapor locking when hot, make sure the fuel line is not close to nothing hot. Second off, check the fuel pressure very carefully, if it is excessive, it`ll be dumping fuel or just dripping out of the boosters at idle and unless you look closely, you won`t even notice, that`s what my car was doing. third off, i`d throw the holley pump away and get something else, Holley products have a sorry rep for there quality control, i`m not knocking them, but after I sent 2 fuel pressure regulators back before I got one that worked and countless other items, I won`t use anymore of there products. If your carb has no choke, it`s gonna run like crap when it`s cold, my Demon has no choke, and my car has to warm up real good before it`ll run right. also, with you being in Okie, and it`s winter, the moisture in the air can freeze on the butterflies and cause flooding due to blockage of the passages, and if you have the heat riser passages blocked off there`s no heat to combat the problem, so use some fuel antifreeze that you can get at any parts store. hope some of this helps you. good luck and don`t give up.