Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 04:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks guys. I was really pissed off today when I got out and I couldn't accelerate past 20mph. When I got done with my 9:30, I came here. I have spent 10 months and $1500 trying to figure out what is going on and I'm about to break. I would put my car off for a little while except I sold my daily driver so I have had to drive the classic for a while. The problems have been happening even before the weather got cold but it got worse with the temp. drop. The speed demon has a choke on it that works well. We have watched it open up while running while it was sitting in the shop. After I posted this morning, I got on Summit and ordered a new fuel gauge and am going to try that. If I have to replace/fix the pump, I am thinking of switching it to an electric. Any brand suggestions? I was thinking about the Holley electrics but also thinking about Aeromotive. I have 8AN line running from pump to carb and would probably run 10An from tank to dist block if I go with the electric. My budget is starting to run dry with all these problems and I had planned on having some interior restoration but can't afford it now, so you can appreciate my anger hopefully. I also am a little upset that three different garages have done work on it and none can figure out what is happening. I have come to the conclusion that Oklahoma mechanics aren't even smart enough to tighten a nut on a bolt. I wish I had the money to have the complete car done by some of the custom shops in Florida or California but I don't and have to do it piece by piece and that hasn't turned out to well. Thanks for the help.