Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 09:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

The last garage said that vacuum was good but how do I really know? I am sick and tired of paying guys $200-400 for them to tell me it is good and two weeks later it does the same thing. I'm going to try the fuel pump but after that I may just give up. Short of pulling this one and sticking another in, I don't know what else to do. I have thought of one other thing besides Air/Fuel (carb) and ignition- cam. If the cam is not "timed" to the crank, I have a feeling it might cause some of this. I have had the ignition everywhere from 8 to 16 degrees with only slight difference. They have changed the jets in the carb both ways and helped only moderately. The vacuum secondaries springs should have been played with at one of the garages. Every Adjustment has been tried on the carb. The distributor has been recurved. I wish I still had my 302 in it. Even with 80,000 miles it still ran better than this new engine. I am just plain tired. I've been beaten down by this problem for 10 months and have about given up.
After 8+ times in the shop, I've decided there may not be any hope for this engine. I went out and bought a nice rack of ribs and will probably go get some brisket to do on the hood. I'm thinking beans would be good and while I'm letting all that smoke, I'll fix some cole slaw and potato salad. I figure if this car is going out, I might as well do it right.