Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm going to make a bonfire out of my car
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 09:05 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

The engine was built pretty basic. New Distributor (now, before was old stock part), new parts throughout the engine. The rockers are solid aluminum style. The heads are ported stock heads. Timing set is new, cam is warmer than stock but not radical at all. It was built for about 350-360 horses but surprisingly we got very close to 400. The pistons are 10:1 hypereutic(? spelling) new pushrods, new tappets, new everything. It has a Victor Jr. intake, MSD RTR Pro Billet Distributor at 13 degrees initial with about 35 degrees total mechanical and 45 total with vacuum advance. There is not even a hint of detonation with pump gas. This engine was a beast for 2000 miles; it accelerated from idle without any lag and it had power up to 6000 rpm. I have only put accelerator to the floor about 4 times and not even abruptly, kind of worked up to WOT. I have practically babied this car with the exception of proving imports suck 4 times. I was hoping to add a supercharger or nitrous so I could race this summer but that won't happen unless I can even get it to run naturally!