Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "I'm gonna fix it up someday"....yeah right!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

"I'm gonna fix it up someday"....yeah right!

Alright, here's a few cars that I found close by my house. They're all rotting away in the snow (well they all actually have very little rust).

"Rodder" #1 says this Buick Special (a '56 I'm guessin) has a cracked block but he'll fix it up someday. Yeah right! It's been siting there for 3 years, the dude is on welfare and smelled heaviliy like weed when I talked to him.

"Rodder" #2 told me this Galaxie is at temporary rest right now. It was his first car apparently and he'll bring it back to life someday. Yeah right!

Rodder #3 (notice I didnt say "rodder" but rodder) has been working on this car for about 4 years now and all the body work is done. It's got no rust except surface rust on the bumpers. Floorboards have been replaced. All he did was do the body work in these 4 years. No engine or tranny in the car but comes with a 400 from a '70 GTO. He has to sell it for health reasons and was very kind to me, even though I was a teenager. Everyone else either tells me I wouldnt've have the kind of money to buy it, or I was better of getting a newer car. He's willing to let it slip for 2.2k with engine and tranny.

And I'll let you guess what year and make it is

Mike