Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "I'm gonna fix it up someday"....yeah right!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 AM
master of his domain

Wiki Edits: 0

I am one of those guys(so far)

My first car was a 57 chevy 2 door sedan, bought it for $600 in 1983 and spent 2 years fixing it up. I drove it every day until about 1988, when I went to college in a different city. Around 1990 or so, the motor in Dad's El Camino went south and we transplanted my 327 into it. The 57 has been sitting in my parents' driveway ever since.

(this picture is now several years old)

In this time, I have lost track of how many people have tried to buy this car. And my parents know to tell all askers that "It's my son's car, he's going to fix it up one day". I'll bet everyone who has seen the car sitting there rusting and made an offer thinks the same thing, "it'll never happen, why not sell it to me and not let it go to waste?"

Well, guess what, it really IS going to happen! It's taken a long time, but there's now a new garage finishing up behind my house right now. Soon the 57 will return to live inside at it's new home, and the 2nd restoration will commence.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I thought I'd add to this thread that some of them DO get fixed up, you never know what story is behind these old cars!

-Byrdman