Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "I'm gonna fix it up someday"....yeah right!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I am one of those guys who won't sell because I am going to fix it up. I bought my 73 Mustang in 1995 and I finally started working on it last year. I had a 1973 Mach 1 Fastback that I bought in 1991 and was repeatedly asked if I would sell it. I stored it at my grandparents ranch in Nebraska and every fall somebody hunting out of state would ask him if he would sell it. He would always tell them to call me and I would say NO. I had people call me as far away as Maine wanting to buy that car. I finally brought it back home to Colorado in 2003 and started working on it and decided it needed to much work, so I sold it. I currently have a 72 Dart sitting in the country on my parents place, but I am really going to fix it for my nieces, I have 2 years until they turn 16. I also have a 70 F100 short box pickup and a 67 F250 sitting down there, but the 67 has a for sale sign in the window. I am not as bad as I use to be, I usually will sell a vehicle now if somebody offers me a good price for them. I like to find a older car and buy it and let it sit awhile and see if people approach me asking me to sell it. If they offer more than I bought it for I will usually sell it and look for something else. If it peeks no interest I will take it apart and sell it piece by piece on Ebay. I cannot count how many vehicles I have bought for little or nothing in the last 4 years and either sold them or parted them out and made a pretty descent profit. I have kept a few but it is about time to get rid of a few and find something else.