Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Im' having a rough time with this...it jus
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You'er doing fine,i'm learning so its worth the time believe me.I had one spindle worked on as it had frozen partly up. The guy "larry" an old timer looked at it. I ask him..it still binds abit, but not what it used too. He assured me it would work in. He supposedly is father time on these older suspensions.But a $110.00 for an alignment seems a bit high especially when these old of frontends are so simple, yet noone has or kept the tools to do this 50 merc. I guess in the long run taking it to him might be a plus. But-one old old shop who most of the guys i know turn to, decided , he was going to make some money, he looked it over did what he thought it needed , i drove it came back and said "you didn't do a thing to it.it still drives the same". All he said was "thats all i can do , and turned and walked off and left me, his was $106.00 most alignments in lower mich go for between $49.00 and $65.00. Go figure for the old kar guy such as me. see ya bob s