I'm just lucky - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 08:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm just lucky

Two kids horsing around in a car died yesterday near St Louis. I don't know the particulars of it, but witnesses say they were driving at a high rate of speed and lost control. Two kids just 18 and 19, dead because the driver decided to gamble. Neither were wearing seatbelts. They were both ejected and flung over the side of the bridge.
I'm 45 now, and sometimes I wonder why. I've done some pretty stupid **** before, and somehow, I'm still here.
One thing I never did was race with a passenger in my car. And if I did race, it was always on one of them long country roads where you can see for miles in both directions (and there was nothing coming). It was still stupid though.
And times are much different now. It's a lot more crowded. The cars are faster, they handle better, which causes a false sense of security, especially with the beer can stampings they call cars these days.
To you young guys out there who enjoy speed and "laying it all out", all I can say is, THINK about it. All it takes is a fraction of a second of poor judgement, and it's over. Nothing romantic about it. Just ruined lives and twisted metal. All just because you had something to prove.
I and your girlfriends parents implore you to act responsibly.
Please.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Worked all weekend, and it was hell. Sunday morning 5 traumas came into the ER, two that I know of passed on (19 year old 17 year old ). Hit by someone driving a car while walking along the side of the road. Guy driving wasn't drunk either, no-one knows why he ran over 4 kids walking on the side of the road. 5th trauma unrelated, side of his head was caved in. don't know if he survived or not.
What a shame....

Chickie.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

One of my motor head friends was always driving way past what I consider reasonably reckless. I wouldn't ride with him, he was the kind of guy who was always doing 100 in a 45, never stopped for stop signs or red lights, basically was living on borrowed time the way he drove. One night over this past summer he was seen speeding through town, going through stops signs (around 1 A.M.). The police car who saw him went after him, he ran from the police, went through a turn way to fast, lost control of the car, hit a tree. Was partially ejected as his car flipped, the car rested on top of him as he was laying partially out of the windshield. He didn't pass away until the helicopter got him to the hospital. Soon after when I heard about it I was sad (he had just graduated high school in June) but not shocked. Eventually everyones luck runs out. Just something that makes you think.

Mike
Old 02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

There will be a rash of these story's till the kids graduate, very avoidable. I remember the year I graduated High school 1966. The High School quarterback and his best friend IN the 1966 SS 396 Chevelle his parents gave him for graduation. Racing and went over a bridge. The passenger was killed and the driver took years to recover. I see him now and again, he still talks about how he misses his best friend. Are times really changing? Leave the racing to the race track guys and gals. The life you save just may be your own or someone very near and dear to you!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.