Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - im looking for plans to build an engine test stand.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 PM
jbon64

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[IMG][/IMG]

this was built pretty much out of scrap stuff . i 'm using a trolling boat battery so i dont have to wire in an altenator .
if you have a engine hoist , set the motor at the desired height and start building your frame around the motor. i started with the back 2 plates , then built forward until i tied in the front mounts to the frame, removed the hoist and built on from there. the radiator is from a 90's GMC van and i use an electric fan . i have a oil pressure gauge , watertemp, and a tach . i used cheap-o block hugger headers off ebay and el-cheapo turbo mufflers.
i wish i would have built one of these years ago , i've broke in 2 motors and my brother has used it for one of his motors . it came in super handy for finding any problems before dropping the motor in the car.
sorry , i dont have plans for this , i just kinda built it on a lark . the only real problem i had was i wasnt sure how to wire the starter and HEI ignition.
if you are half way mechanically inclined , have a welder and a grinder they arent to difficult to fabricate .