Im new but heres a stupid question. I hope it doesnt make a bad impression. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 08:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Im new but heres a stupid question. I hope it doesnt make a bad impression.

I have a holley double pumper (750) that i am hooking to my engine. I lost the installation instructions to a bat of oil, it is illegible.
My question is: Which hose nipples on the carb hook up to what?? 2) Does the pvc/ pcv valve have to be hooked up somewhere, im not seeing any place on the carb to install this hose??
I tried contacting Holley but all i got was recorded stuff. I went to the webpage and it says nothing about the vacuum hoses.
The carb model # is 4150.
Sorry for the lame initial post

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Don`t worry about it, answering questions are what were here for. Look under the rear float bowl, you should see a big vacuum fitting there, that`s where your PCV goes, or if you want to T line it, pcv and power brakes. the ported vacuum source, on the passenger upper side of the metering block right behind the front float bowl, hook your vacuum advance to that. if your vents are vacuum controlled, use the full time vacuum port to connect there.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

If your car has power brakes, the large vaccum source in the back will work for that. If you are looking for an additional 3/8 port, I suggest a 1 inch spacer with a vaccum nipple centerally located on the primary side. Id run a variable restrictor in the PCV line also. I've had a lot of trouble with PCV's sucking oil, even with good baffles in the valve covers.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

And, to go along with the explanation of Double and Prime just surf the internet looking at other people's engines. Often times there are pictures without the air cleaner in the way. This would give you a visual. Welcome aboard....ask away!!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

DoubleVision - I got your PM on the PVC issue. Quite a while back, I brought up the PCV thing.. Chuck and company were really a lot of help on the subject.

I looked way back in the archives and found the thread. I wish I'd have tried thes ideas right out of the gate, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Here is the thread http://hotrodders.com/t7429-15-1.html
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 PM

little late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsinferno
I have a holley double pumper (750) that i am hooking to my engine. I lost the installation instructions to a bat of oil, it is illegible.
My question is: Which hose nipples on the carb hook up to what?? 2) Does the pvc/ pcv valve have to be hooked up somewhere, im not seeing any place on the carb to install this hose??
I tried contacting Holley but all i got was recorded stuff. I went to the webpage and it says nothing about the vacuum hoses.
The carb model # is 4150.
Sorry for the lame initial post
Im familar with holleys 4150 it should have center hung float bowls should flow 750 cfm cubic foot per meter there are aplications to look at brake booster goes to intake & may need to be assisted by canister if not enough vacume bepending on application or horse power traney if auto hooks up to intake also to shift pvc is usually hooked to the 7/16 tube on carburator if have vacume advance there is sometimes a tube out of the right side of the front metering block that should have low vacume at idle & higher vacume at wide open throttle that should be for distributor advance vacume depending on car I must say double pumper 4150 is a xpensive carburator I may be too late feel free to contact me
Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 PM

Last photo:

This thread is 7 years old.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:19 AM

gee is it me or them

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleVision
This thread is 7 years old.
I know this the question is as Im new just why is this thread still surfacing today ya see its not me look I came here for the reason I was looking for a free dyno & the stupid assed server crossed refrenced my search with the databank & one of the first topics actually on the top line was from the words in my search free dyno I thought it was cool here yes mad for the way I was introduced into this web cite I must say my interests sure are not in antique threads look I have very few trustworthy friends here in jackson mi there are a lot others I absolutly have no feelings for none what so ever I stand alone & not actually in a bad way but personally I could not understand just why I was directed to this old yes Im mad old stuff or xcuse old threads but no harm just here trying to live life after being done xtreemly wrong in life by a friend years ago that is still applying a knife in my back on a daily basis oh but this is a car forum sorry I did not mean to look so stupid replying to an antique thread can say this dog can't take too many more kicks to head
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid launcher
I know this the question is as Im new just why is this thread still surfacing today ya see its not me look I came here for the reason I was looking for a free dyno & the stupid assed server crossed refrenced my search with the databank & one of the first topics actually on the top line was from the words in my search free dyno I thought it was cool here yes mad for the way I was introduced into this web cite I must say my interests sure are not in antique threads look I have very few trustworthy friends here in jackson mi there are a lot others I absolutly have no feelings for none what so ever I stand alone & not actually in a bad way but personally I could not understand just why I was directed to this old yes Im mad old stuff or xcuse old threads but no harm just here trying to live life after being done xtreemly wrong in life by a friend years ago that is still applying a knife in my back on a daily basis oh but this is a car forum sorry I did not mean to look so stupid replying to an antique thread can say this dog can't take too many more kicks to head
You ever consider talking to a doctor, a therapist or consulting clergy? Everyone needs help from time to time.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:00 AM

Last photo:

I like this. This person obviously thinks it`s the only one that`s been done wrong in it`s time and I`m afraid there`s a very long line behind many of us in that department so don`t feel like the long ranger. Me replying the thread was the age it is was not to be hateful, it was to point out to you the person you were replying to is more than likely no longer a member of this board which can easily be checked by clicking on the username then last post which will give you the late date he posted and if that person isn`t around anymore then what good is the post? On the flip side, I agree with cobalt, if that`s your view of the world then yeah I`d be talking to somebody.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I think there's still a message that pops up when an old post is being responded to, that says in essence- This is an old post. Unless you have something important to add to it, find a newer thread to respond to.

Don't take this the wrong way, ll, but it's a good idea to read through the General Posting Guidelines.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 AM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:

A little punctuation will go a long way, also.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Get out the ducktape...

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Front brakes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Man I got worried for a minute, read a couple of those posts and wow thought I had lost it all. Glad its not just me.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 AM

Last photo:

Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 AM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC
Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Precious.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.