im painting the Fiero...what can i do that is cheap and easy.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 11:40 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

im painting the Fiero...what can i do that is cheap and easy....

ATM its fully primed and ready for paint now. Ive got black paint to repaint it with. What kidn of things could i do to maybe spice up the look of the car? I was going to chrome the intakes that go over the engine in the back, but i cant think of anything else. Any ideas would be great. Its 86 Se 2.8v6 4 speed.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:

Hey Rubberman - I've got an 85 SE 2.8L 4 speed... Black, too.

Last time I painted mine, I painted the side moldings and all the other trim (like on the B pillar, mirrors and the side vent grill) so it was all gloss instead of a combination of gloss and flat. There's something stealthy-looking about an all-black car, IMO. Do some subtle touches maybe - like painting the expanded metal under the rear grills and then re-attaching it. I don't know if you can chrom the grills, since they're that white metal - might just melt in the chroming process. Fill in the holes for the luggage rack and paint over it. That's all I can think of.

Got any crazy mods done to that Fiero? The 2.8L is a crap engine, but the Fiero is light enough that it does just fine with a little tweaking.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:57 AM

Last photo:

i was either going to mod the crap outta the 2.8 or more likely find a 3800 Sc motor and rebuild it, and drop that baby in.

my2.8 has lik 100Kish on it now, it still runs good though. Do you know of a good muffler for it?
Old 08-24-2003, 09:22 PM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

ever considered putting on Ferrari body kit on it?
Old 08-25-2003, 10:26 AM

Last photo:

Ive looked at them, if i do that ill do that later. Ill get the motor and stuff in it (which could be a while) then ill think about it, i dunno about those body kits though. MAYBE
Old 08-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Me and 4 Jaw Chuck talked about buying a Fiero and doing the Ferrari body kit on it some years back. But alas we were newly married and very poor, never did get that done. I think that could look HOT!!

Chickie.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:

Rubberman, I've got my stock exhaust manifolds and Y-pipe run straight back into a single Supertrapp with four plates installed. This is where personal preference takes over. Some don't like 'trapps. I think they sound cool, but I wouldn't mind it a bit quieter.

I just rebuilt my 2.8L 20 or 30K ago - portmatched everything, bigger cam, hogged exhaust - pretty basic stuff. Wish I had thought of the 3.4L bolt-in at the time but I'm pretty happy with the power. I've been eyeballing those $2500 turbo kits.

There's a lot of Fiero body kits out there, and even some that aren't replicas of something else. V8 Archie has a few that look pretty good. Or there's always a fastback conversion. Personally, an old Ferarri Dino or GT-40 body kit would be my dream.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:01 PM

Fast Fiero V8 style

Last summer I put a built up 350 into my 1984 Fiero. Its got a M19 tranny with 4:10 gear ratio. I've put about 1200 miles on it soo far. It is a Archie kit. Master build kit 3,500 bucks. Had to take out a loan. (This is my dream car). It is Fcking FAST and no doubt i can smoke almost anything. And looks on their faces. Priceless. Well anyway. I run my carb straight out the top of my decklid. Yeah I cut a hole for it. Stickes out a good 1"1/2. If you get a GT body though U don't need to cut. I have a question for anyone who will answer it. Tell me what are the best methods of painting my Fiero. It's red right now but I'd love to make it Ferrari yellow everything. Send me an Email at Brandon_Henderson_44@hotmail.com cya

ALSO ARCHIE IS VERY SLOW AT GETTING YOU YOUR PARTS SO GIVE HIM ABOUT 4 months TO SEND IT OUT. Wanted to do it at school but nope. I called him everyday to see when he was getting my kit out to me. Other than that he is a really cool guy. Customer service is everything arch.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.