Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - i'm in a quandry. pontiac or caddy engine
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hmmm. i just found this: http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/...e_drag_weight/

it's somewhat about HotRods Caddy Hack article. they took the entire body off the car and it STILL weighed in at 2900 pounds. unfortunately, it only ran 13.5 at the quarter mile..... hardly seems worth the effort to getta 13 second ride. maybe trade them both in for a new car and i could go 13's out of the showroom. too bad i only gots BAD CREDIT. OH WELL that at least answers my question. i would have to keep the body on anyway so it will still be a real turd. so i am just talking about what to do with the lemans now.

i have a pontiac bell housing and flywheel. but i am not adverse to driving it with the caddy's automatic for as long as it takes to get a pontiac motor done. or whatever i end up doing. i would guess that with me in it my stripped lemans as is, would weigh almost 2900 lbs running. pushing it around sans engine and trans it seems light as a feather. bucket seats and carpet can't make it that much heavier.

Can you Imagine this pig only runs 13's???? ugh! and i live in seattle, picture the driver holding an umbrella over his head!

Last edited by bullheimer; 10-13-2011 at 10:49 PM.