Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Im terribly conflicted... Carbs
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy302builder18 View Post
Ok first of all i keep hearing someones found that a smaller carb will make a small block chevy perform better. if i remember right the tail i heard was "a 570 cfm holley can suffiently offer more horsepower than that of a 650 on 350." i know this has to be correct on some circumstances, but not all engines and applications. some new imput would be wanderfull, this arguement about "every 350 small block doesnt need that many cfms" is pretty untrue or is it?
Your confusing drivability, or perceived responsivness...with HP, the issue isn't really which makes more power, the 750 wins, almost everytime,people say all you "need" is a 570, or a 650 etc, based on a formula that Vinnie is referring to above. And its accurate, but flow is flow......if your building a performance motor, you want flow, and in this instance, for sheer numbers, bigger is better....on the dyno, the 750 will outperforme the little 570 every time......