Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm thinking about using a torch to lower the rear of my car...Thoughts on this?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 06:05 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If you hurry, you can use it to clean the snow off the drive this winter!
It's all funny, back in the 60's and 70's, everyone put air shocks on their car's
to keep the underside of the car from dragging on stuff like speed bumps and
stuff. I've driven semi's for a living for 27 yrs. and don't have enough fingers
to count how many times I've seen a lowered car bust the whole front clip when they smacked a recap semi tread in the middle of their lane on the interstate. Your setting yourself up for a big PITA if you go much lower.
I've also worked in many tire stores and gas stations (where they used to work on car's) and some of them you couldn't drive over the lift racks to change the tires, or hook them up on a wrecker. Had to send a roll back and they still dragged being winched up on them. I think the fiero was one of the worst. So.... my point is, do you really want to go lower? Think about it before you commit. Personally, I would want a little clearance under there especialy in your geographical location. PA is not an undercarriage friendly state

Last edited by sqzbox; 11-23-2009 at 06:30 AM.