Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I'm thinking about using a torch to lower the rear of my car...Thoughts on this?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I found out the real problem.

When the 03/04 Cobra came out Eibach just just told vendors to continue using the existing springs for 99/01 Cobra. Anyone who bought them ended up with a jacked up rear end. They just don't give the right drop on a Cobra like mine. It wasn't until a few years later that they designed springs specificly to my car. However Eibach made little effort to inform vendors of the new spring and people to this day are still sold the incorrect kit in some places. My Eibach tech didn't even know what I was talking about, but I've done all the reasearch and them some. I have both part numbers. My car has the wrong springs on it. I'm now waiting to see if Eibach will swap me, which seems unlikely. But also in my searching I've found that Eibachs quality is so so and my best bet is with a brand like H&R. But if I can get Eibach to send me new springs I can sell them and recoupe some of my money.

Here you can see my gap, i can put my whole fist in there.