Immaculate 72 Ventura Interior Found - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Newskool

Last journal entry: New, Used grill arrived!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Immaculate 72 Ventura Interior Found

I just got back from a local auto wreckers. I was looking for a manual steering box for my 74 Nova SS. While looking around I went to the far end of the lot and found a 1972 Ventura(not a high optioned car) but PERFECT! The guages in the dash are immaculate with almost no wear and tear or fading. Everything on the interior is in amazing shape! The front bench seat is almost perfect and the back bench seat is the same only a little dirty. There are seat covers on it right now. The main thing I was interested in was the seatbelts. It has all the original seatblelts including retainer clips for the should belts and they are amazing aswell. Pretty much everything is just in AWSOME shape. From there I noticed there was a manual steering box aswell.

So... Now I need to decide what I'm gonna take. Can anyone tell me what I should take? The car looks like its been in the back of the lot for quite a while and its all sealed up good and untouched.

The interior is green BTW. I'm thinking the seatbelts and interior guages would be worth quite a bit. There's no tach or clock but the fuel guage, spedometer and gear indicators look amazing.

I asked how much the guy would want for seatbelts and he said $25 a side(front seats) and he would want $75 for the manual steering box. Anything else I should ask about? This first trip was just to scout out the lot. Before I forget the car also has 2-3 original slotted mags on it.

What should I look at taking? Anyone need anything in specific that they've not been able to find? This car looks to be 100% comlete yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 08:02 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:

i sent a 74 ventura with nice black interior to the shredder a year ago, should i have saved something ? i pulled the interior but no one wanted any of it so i gave it to the trash, i advertised anywhere i could with not a single inquiry about anything

doesnt seem to be any interest in pre-75 X body stuff anymore

i still have the windshield and sunvisors though, i think thats it but they will end up in trash too when the snow melts here, as will a billion other '67-up car/truck parts im tired of storing

good luck
Old 02-17-2007, 06:13 AM

Last photo:

Well, since you're asking.....Hows the exterior look? The front parking light lenses look like a match for the ones on my 1973 Olds Omega. I could also use the horizontal window trim piece foward of the drivers side passengers window. Thanks for asking!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Newskool

Last photo:

A TON of the original exterior trim is there aswell. As far as I could tell it all looked in good old condition. You could tell the exterior wasn't brand new but it wasn't beat up or cratched bad. All the chromed trim is there. I'm actually quite interested in a lot of the trim because my 74 nova had a lot of the chrome trim painted over. It looks like most of it will transfer over almost directly.

I'm thinking about makign the guy an offer on the whole car and just parting the thing out.

Quote:
i still have the windshield and sunvisors though, i think thats it but they will end up in trash too when the snow melts here, as will a billion other '67-up car/truck parts im tired of storing
What kind of shape are those sunvisors in? I'm currently looking for a set for my nova and I quickly glanced at the ones in the ventura and I was going to grab them. They're a little beat up but the only problem is they are green and I have a black interior.

I'm going to try and get some pictures of the car hopefully next week. My parents went out of town for 4 days and took the cammera.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 PM
go fast, turn left!

Last photo:

how's the body on that car, is it worth restoring or has it been wrecked. i have been looking for something like that to fix up. Do you have a price for the whole car. i have always liked the look of the ventura grille.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Newskool

Last photo:

It actually looked really good. I was taking a look at the motor because I needed the manual steering box. It looks like absolutely EVERYTHING is there. It also looks all original and to be honest neither I nor my brother could figure out why the car was there. Its also got low miles on it. I'm guessing the place is closed monday because of the family day the premier set but I'll check. I'll see if I can get a hold of the guy about a price for the vehicle. Once I get one I'll pass it on and if you still want it I'll give you all the information and the guys shop.

One of the things I hate the most is chopping up old vehicles. If there's someone interested in it as a whole then thats first priority in my mind.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Newskool

Last photo:

I got a hold of the place today and found out why the car is in such nice shape. It is a 1 owner car purchased by an older man new. In 1989 he lost his parking space and therfor had to get rid of it. These guys that now own a scrap yard had bought it and it was sitting in their yard since 1989. Its in the back of the lot with a few dings on the body but is virtuall rust free all original and I would say mint.

I asked for a price an he said about $2000. I wouldn't be amazed if you could get it for $1500(cdn of course). The motors all there and untouched. Its even got the vintage air cleaner on it.

If anyone's interested in the whole car send me a PM and I can hook you up with details. I aint trying to make money off this and thats the dirrect quote the guy gave. I just don't want to see another nice car get chopped up when it could be saved. If no one buys it I will grab some of the stuff because I can use it on my car.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.