Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Impact Socket Set
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Did you ever wonder?

Last journal entry: Got it moving under its own power
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know this is old

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitz
Hmmm, I wish I could help on this one. Unfortunately, (and this is a do as I say, not do as I do situation.. ) I have yet to buy impact sockets. I use the air tools with the Craftman regular sockets . Cracked a few, but with the free replacement, well you know... Anybody else got a thought?
I know this is old but I wanted to add. Please wear safety glasses or a face shield when using regular chrome nonimpact sockets on an Impact gun. When they shatter they become shrapnel. This can cause serious bodily injury. I haven't personally seen the damage but have heard many first hand accounts of exploding sockets and it doesn't sound like anything I'd want to participate in.

That said I bought a bunch of impact sockets at farm and fleet when I lived in Wi. These I believe are the Allen brand(the wrenches seem like good stuff too). I also have a set of Matco metric 1/2 drives I got as a bonus when I bought a set of ratchet combination wrenches(I thought these were a waste of money until I tried them). I also keep on top of the local Sears as they often have some on their sale/clearance/discontinued rack. I haven't broken an Impact socket yet but maybe I'm not trying hard enough.

Rich