Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Impact Socket Set
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:39 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Impact Socket Set

Pardon my ignorance, for I am a beginner with impact wrenches. I recently picked up a new cordless Dewalt DW059K-2 impact wrench and already had a Craftsman torque wrench (a cheapy $80 one) and Craftsman metric impact set.

I noticed that the impact socket set that I have is extremely "wobbley" when used with the Dewalt impact wrench. I don't think this is normal, but wanted to make sure. I think this is due to the fact that the Dewalt has a retention pin, whereas the Craftsman torque wrench has a larger pin, more like a ball, that makes it easier to install/remove the sockets. The sockets were very snug (no play whatsoever) with the Craftsman torque wrench. I think the retention holes on the socket are simply too big for the size of the pin on the Dewalt, causing it to wobble around on the anvil.

Can anyone recommend a good set of metric impact sockets that will fit properly with my Dewalt? Primary use is removing lugs at the track. I found some that I liked over at Northern Tool but don't want to spend the money to find out that it will fit poorly as well!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Will