Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - impact wrench
Thread: impact wrench
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That HF impact wrench is called "earthquake" and it is a good one, one of the real bargains that HF has. HF has some junk impacts and I do mean JUNK! At a sale price of 10 or 12 bucks for a 1/2 impact wrench I don't see how anyone could expect to get much but those things sell like crazy according to what I was told at the HF here in Knoxville Tn. If a tool is selling for little more than it would bring for it's weight in scrap metal that should tell a person something but people buy those junky things anyway. The "Earthquake" impact wrenches are not cheap compared to the regular HF line but at about $100 regular price or $80 on sale, which it is quite often, they are priced well below what you would pay for a big name brand. These things are a knock-off (or is that rip-off? ) of the Ingersoll Rand "Thunder Gun" impact wrench and they perform quite close to the IR but at about half the price. They probably are not anywhere near the IR in quality but they do seem to hold up good, I have had mine several years now and it has been trouble free plus it is a real brute for torque!