Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - imported square weave wool carpet
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes View Post
That's exactly how I do carpet in those situations, but I use a different insulation. I use a product from Thermozite that has no foil on it. It is about 5/16" thick and 36" wide and is very pliable. Wool carpet is great. It wears like iron and is naturally resistant to a lot of things. I just ordered a pre-formed carpet set for a '47 Olds from one of my suppliers, and it was only $585. It's not square weave, but it is all wool. I thought that was very reasonable. BTW John, was that V-8 medallion original to the car's dash or did you add it?
That is pretty cool Dan. I did not even know anyone was formong carpet for anything that old.

The Medallion was given to me at a cruise in a couple of years ago and I just stuck it on. The origional dash had a small glove box but since the origional dash is totaly unique to a roadster or phaeton I hammer formed one out of 18 or 20 guage steel. My car was RH drive at birth so I had to do something. They make a reproduction dash in fiberglass but I did not want to have tell people it was all steel except th dash. Hopefully the stainless trim and emblem balance the dash out some. The emblem is off some type of newer Ford but I honestly don't know what.

BTW. Is the Thermozite something that can be ordered easily? It sounds like a great product.

John L