Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Inaccurate car manufacturors mileage ratings....what can be done?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Yep, my complaint is with the fact that my old truck would get the mileage if I drove 70 straight highway. I drive alot for my job so I can easily get 100 straight miles of highway with no stops and the truck starting warmed up. Best I can get is 16.5.

The truck has 16,000 miles on it so the break in thing is a moot point.

As for driving habits.....if I drive the crap out of it, mileage is 13 in town and 14.5 on the highway. My old truck never got below 15MPG even driving it like it was stolen......which I do.....alot.

I suppose I will give it till 20,000 and see if anything changes, but I am not holding my breath. I think I will call the BBB and see what they have to say as well. There is something just not quiet right.

What really ticked me off is when I went in to talk to them they said my filter, exhaust and 18 inch wheels make it impossible for my truck to get the right mileage and all of those will make it go down. Bull$$&*!!!! Filter and exhaust got me 1MPG better on my old truck on the highway. The 18 wheels and tires are aluminim lower profile and are lighter than stock. Roll out is within a few inches of the factory tires, so that is not the problem.

Chris