Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Incandesent Light Bulb Ban
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
That is the kind of thing that hurts the effort to educate the public and does far more harm than good, my opinion of that incident-that was a case of some smart huckster making a buck by selling that junk to the school system and while educating the kids on conservation is a good idea that kind of non-sense is not, you did the right thing IMO.
The truth is there are MANY people (you and I included) that may not be aware or be avoiding such topics and something like that package can do a lot of good. It is like any change, it takes a many, many prodding's to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
As much as it may seem like the efforts by conservationists are a waste of time, at least to some people, that is not the case at all. Even the early smog control devices on our cars that we all despised back in the early days did a tremendous lot of good, some helped a lot and some actually did harm but the over-all effect was overwhelmingly positive. A look at Mexico and China and the massive auto exhaust and industrial induced smog compared to our relatively clean air is testament to the fact that it did work, not perfect by a long shot but orders of magnitude better than the pre-smog vehicles.
This supports my other comment.

Brian