Incentive for no abortion?????? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Incentive for no abortion??????

I was watching the news this evening (don't normally do that) and heard something that was just downright appalling to me.
I did not catch the name of whoever is advocating this, and therefore do not have all the information.

This post will be mainly aimed at "pro-choice" individuals more so than the "pro-life" individuals.

I am personally a "pro-choice" person, and can sympathise with the group that is not of my opinion.

That being said, this is what I heard on the news----someone is trying to get bill passed to compensate young mothers willing to carry to full term, who would otherwise terminate, $500. This is for the mothers that will put their children up for adoption.-------Sounds like baby selling to me!

IMO, this is not much of an incentive. The reason I am "pro-choice" is:
girls not mentally equipped to carry full term. (too young-chemical dependancy etc.)
hardships suffered by many with an unwanted/unexpected child
Sexual abuse
long term effects to a girl having carried and then giving up her child (my 1st wife gave hers up before I met her---she had issues with that)
there are more but I will stop here.

Not undermining any short or long term effects of having a pregnancy terminated.

This thing sound like the "pro-lifers" are attempting to buy the "pro-choicers" to their side.

If any one here has heard or know more about this, please correct me if I mis-understood.

Don't want to start any religious or moral wars here at all. But does this sound a bit ridiculous to anyone but me????

( I may not like your religious, political, or moral opinions,---But I WILL stand behind your right to have them, and respect them.)

Bryan

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Some Punk Kid

Last photo:

I heard about this a while ago from some misc site on the web.
I will side with you on this one.
I also saw some looney toon right winger that said the people should be forced to care for baby as punishment for conceiving. All I could was WOW. So that boils down to, who gives a damn about the childs life and the potential for a LIFE threatening situation that the child could be put in by the lack there of parenting or medical care or whatever. Would that almost be considered a very late abortion if one of them dies in the care as a form of punishment?
I really don't know where to go with this. There is no right/wrong answer. Im sure someone can disagree with that.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

So now life is worth 500.00? Who came up with a price on life?

Pup
Old 03-24-2007, 02:28 PM

Last photo:

I know that the Catholic Church will support an expectant mother financially to prevent an abortion, as far as I know, there is no pressure to adopt the child.

As a Man, I am not able to form an opinion on this matter, other than to say I feel it should be the decision of the Mother and if possible, the Father of the child.

Either way it is a very sad situation which the people concerned have to live with.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:51 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Abortion is an emotional and hot bed issue. I have struggled with it for years because I believe in individual rights to choose and for those unable to choose, someone of responsibility should be able to choose for them. Modern medicine has presented us with sonogram imagery that lets us see a developing fetus as a tiny living being being which places abortion right there with murder in the first degree. So after years of sitting on the fence, I concluded that the womans choice lies in choosing to commit the act that leads to conception. After that, the choice of abortion is taken from her rights and should resort to civil law or a guardian. In the case of incest/rape or other acts against her will, civil law should make the decision.

Being the old guy I am, I realize how fortunate it was to live and grow in much better times of morals and integrity. Sure there were abortions, illegal and dangerous and expensive, but they were few and far between. Sexually transmitted diseases were there but were uncommon and not life threatening. The "free love" years of the 60s have become extremely expensive to the young people of today and that is a sad state of affairs.

Trees
Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosstrooper
I know that the Catholic Church will support an expectant mother financially to prevent an abortion, as far as I know, there is no pressure to adopt the child.
This is as it should be, I have absolutely no issues with a faith or belief that abortion is bad jujus.

Trees---
Very nicely dont thought process of forming an opinion
That very reason is most likey why the topic keeps getting hotter and hotter.
And if this is why many are changing sides---good for them.

I will stay on the other side of the fence for the time being, and I promise--no rock throwing.

Bryan
Old 03-25-2007, 04:17 PM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

There is a big difference between an abortion to save the life of woman if a pregnancy is likely to cause grave harm to her or those involving rape, or incest as opposed to those that are performed as a form of birth control. Paying someone to not have an abortion seems like a good way for somebody to get paid to get pregnant! DUH!!

tom
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 AM

Only ghetto trash and third world know-nothings would be attracted to a $500 pay out for carrying a child to full term.
When those who advocate this are putting their money and life where their mouth is by adopting all these children they so desparately want to live is when I will stop thinking they are just plain crazies. Thus, I will never stop thinking they are crazies for they will never put THEIR money and THEIR lives to the task, they only want US to put OUR money and lives to the task.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 PM

re: Incentive for no abortion??????

When does life begin?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 AM

Last photo:

Technically, individual cells are alive, but I don't cry about it when I scratch some skin off.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM

re: Incentive for no abortion??????

If everyone could agree on when life begins, there wouldn't be a debate. So can anyone tell me when life begins? (this should be a simple answer)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Last photo:

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple, because there is no definitive answer. One could say that life begins when the sperm fertilizes the egg, or when the fetus starts to look like a baby. There is no way to scientifically determine it, since technically the unfertilized egg is alive the whole time. That is why there is so much debate.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last photo:

Life is going to begin at conception (imo), perhaps sooner---it is going to take two living organisms (egg/sperm) to create the embryo.

But this was not really intended to answer that.
My intention was to get a response from the "pro-choice" people.
To me---the $500. pmt for a girl/woman to carry full term, when she may be more apt to choose abortion, is not much of an incentive. Not to mention, tax dollars to pay for this (I would guess).

I am not trying to tell you that I am pro-abortion, 'cause I am not.
I think that any mother/parents-to-be should have a RIGHT to make a decision that is best for them, and those surrounding them.

What if it were YOUR 15-16-17-18 year old daughter (or son) that found themselves in this situation? One should not really be expected to pay for an error in judgement for 18+years----Murderers don't even get that.
Or perhaps you or your spouse at 43-50??? We all know there could be issues there.

Not in the least trying to start a debate on this issue, Was just trying to get some input on my first post.

Bryan
Old 03-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdoc
If everyone could agree on when life begins, there wouldn't be a debate. So can anyone tell me when life begins? (this should be a simple answer)
People who nit-pick over these details must imagine the thing which is aborted is just an unrecognisable blob, an embroyo.

If you were shown an aborted fetus there would be no doubt in your mind you were looking at a living human being. By the time a woman realises she is pregnant, has that confirmed by a Doctor, goes through the required process to have an abortion, you are talking about a viable human life, a child.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

I have always felt that since men have don't have the capability to bear children they have no say in the abortion debate. I personally think it's between the woman and her personal beliefs and values. Since no man could ever know the feelings that a woman has in this issue, men should butt out. Including me.

DOH!

tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.