Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - inexpensive filter/dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
heh, he said cheap... your sharp probably cost me more than my whole setup incluing all the fittings to get it to connect together, assorted valves so I can turn off any part, quick connects...

that said:
- no inspection window
- the only hard part about swapping desiccant is the way I mounted it (literally, untread cap and dump it out, in theory with it mounted to the wall you can unthread the bottom cap, dump it, unthread top cap to refill, no disconnecting air lines or anything)
- No leaks- that was the big hassle with home built, I spent a lot of time chasing leaks with my older setups
- No rust that I've seen, though I don't see why it couldn't. that is the reason that I have the motorguard after it, nothing steel comes in contact with the air on the other side of the motorguard.
Is your motorgaurd the toilet paper canister??? mine started corroding and spitting out trash so I cleaned it up good and epoxy primed the inside ,it works like new again ,no reason you coudnt do that to the HF decisent filter to keep it from rusting.But afterall its a piece of pipe with threaded ends ,thats pretty much it'
At the scrap yard I found a 30' coil of 1/2" aluminum tubing connected it to the tank ,the dang thing looks like a moonshine still but it cools the hot air pretty well.BTW that motor gaurd toilet paper filter is about the best filter you can start with,I think it cast about fifty bucks definately worth the money..

Last edited by deadbodyman; 01-17-2011 at 10:31 PM.