Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - inexpensive filter/dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:36 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

LOL,The original filter looks like recyled paper (it's brown),Ive been using TP for about 10yrs now,ever since I went down to get a replacement and they wanted something like 20.00 for it. I kept looking at it and looking at it and finally said: You gotta be sheeting me.....even the guys behind the counter were laughing their as's off.
I have a ball valve and an air fitting BEFORE the TP filter and the one for painting after it, so I only use it when painting and it lasts a good long time but if you got water in your lines you'll know quick enough just give it a twirl and check it to see if its wet.
those real cheap rolls arnt wide enough so I get the big ones (Scott 1000 sheets) and unwind it till they fit nice and snug not tight.(the wife gets mad if I take her soft&fluffy stuff) Its the only filter I feel is worth buying...My old booth had a 300.00 devilbis decisent filter and I got mad every time I replaced the balls.... there's nothing to it.
I cant believe I didnt make ONE joke,theres a lot of wasted material here.
OK, one warning : never take the last roll and leave your wife home without checking the holder in the bathroom there may only be two or three sheets left.she'll be waiting for you in the driveway when you get home....