Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - inexpensive filter/dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:58 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001mustang
I have found that air cooled in 50' 3/4" sloped copper pipe negates need for dessicant filter on most days. Do you concur?
NO .that only cools the vapor to liquid you still need to control the moisture with decisent if these filters wernt doing anything they would never have to be changed . if your not painting for a living you can get away with a few things but I cant take chances.
Example: My compressor broke a ring and was blowing oil into the air line while I was painting and I never knew it and didnt have the proper filters because they were to expensive the whole car came back with little tiny bumps all over it about a month later...it was my responsilbility so I had to fix it...I had already fixed the compressor but good filters would have prevented the whole affair. Save money wherever you can but even if you only have some cheap filters.... have them, its hard enough to buy materials for your own car but it really sucks to buy them for someone elses...good quality air is one of the MOST important parts of a long lasting, quality job...and everybody seems to over look it.even pros that should know better.I've seen air hoses spewing water like a shower at a couple of shops....