ingersoll rand impact sockets any good - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

ingersoll rand impact sockets any good

trying to find some quaility imact sockets that dont have the snap on sticker price.wondering if antones using them and if there holding up,any good.also if anyone knows of other quality impacts that are affordable any input appreciated.thnxs

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM

impact sockets

iv had a set for more years than i can remember with no problems. i dont have any craftsman impact sockets but have had good luck with their standard sockets
Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 PM

Last wiki edit: Window removal and installation Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I've actually had pretty good luck with about any regular impact sockets. I've got some generic Taiwan ones that have put up with beatings for years. Not so the "swivel/universal" ones. Those I get name brand. The ones that get used and abused most just fail sooner or later. Good ones later and they just break. Versus the cheap ones that explode shrapnel into your face.
I've been done with cheapo chrome sockets for years though. The cheapest ones I will use are Craftsman. I actually prefer some Craftsman deep chrome sockets as they seem to have the thinnest socket walls out there. Great for those really tight spots but the downside is eventually they tend to split down the side. I think that's a fair trade-off and try to use thicker wall sockets for most stuff and save the thin ones for when I really need them.
Anything Ingersoll sticks their name on I'd expect to be at least "OK".
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 AM

Last photo:

I have the 1/2 inch ingersol titanium impact. VERY strong for 1/2 inch and never broke one of my extremely cheap o'rielly impact sockets so I don't think you would have any strength issues with a cheap set, but the major downside is the wall thickness. Just about anything I.r. is good, but if money is a concern even the disliked Pittsburgh sockets are actually decent quality and lifetime gaurentee.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.