Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ingersoll Rand Max. Impact Ratchet.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ratchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowbilly3
I've been using IR reactionless 3/8 rachets for at least 20 years, used to wear out about one a year when I was a full time tech.
Hey willowbilly3. My discription is misleading. This tool just came out last fall. It is not a ratchet and cant be used as one. It is an impact gun shaped like an air ratchet. It will loosen or tighten lugs if you wanted to but you can't use it like a ratchet once you let off the air like you could with the other units. I used the one you're talking about also and it was a nice piece but not like the Max. I was one of those guys who let another use his tools sometimes. Yeah, someone stole it. I usually had a big Snap-on and a Chicago P. regular size. The last couple years my shop was open, and since the small stuff is so prevelant, I probably use a 1/4 inch unit more than any thing else. This impact is cool because you can squeeze into the tight areas and blow stuff apart that you could never get near with even a butterfly impact (my favorite tool). The reverse is totally different too. Its down at the handle. Keep em spinnin. Tom.