inline 250 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 08:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

inline 250

i stumbled on this site iam injoying it.i read earlyer on perfomance on the 250 i beleave i raed they are making up to 1200 hp in the uk some place like that ive seen some pic that had turbos even a blower on it i would like alot of info on the 250.my son and i are working on a 66 chevy pickup for his gradution thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 i6 250
i stumbled on this site iam injoying it.i read earlyer on perfomance on the 250 i beleave i raed they are making up to 1200 hp in the uk some place like that ive seen some pic that had turbos even a blower on it i would like alot of info on the 250.my son and i are working on a 66 chevy pickup for his gradution thanks
The 250 is a good motor, but HP/cost you would be better of swapping to a V8.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

250's can run pretty decent.. cost a lot to go really high hp numbers.. there's a 250 Camaro I'v seen on the internet. '68 I belive, somthing like 899 hp but it's not even close to streetable, and has $$$$$$$$$$$ invested into custom parts.... but getting 300 hp out of a 250 or a 292 isn't out of the question, and that's enough to make a '66 C10 fairly quick
Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 i6 250

The 250 has too many structural problems, you may get 1200 hp out of one with a blower of some sort, but not without spending a fortune getting there. If you must have an I6, the 292 is a better platform to come off of, especially in the corners of the head it's less likely to bust, blowing all the coolant out when working hard.

But time for a reality check, planting a V8 in there is a lot less hassle, requiring a lot less knowledge and ability and will provide more power for a lot longer life at less money.

Don't let these esoteric inlne 6 articles fool you, they make it sound like getting a lot of power out of the Chevy, or Ford for that matter, inline 6 is pretty simple, trust me it isn't. On the other hand, doing it will teach you a lot about engines and part fabrication.

Bogie
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbogie
The 250 has too many structural problems, you may get 1200 hp out of one with a blower of some sort, but not without spending a fortune getting there. If you must have an I6, the 292 is a better platform to come off of, especially in the corners of the head it's less likely to bust, blowing all the coolant out when working hard.

But time for a reality check, planting a V8 in there is a lot less hassle, requiring a lot less knowledge and ability and will provide more power for a lot longer life at less money.

Don't let these esoteric inlne 6 articles fool you, they make it sound like getting a lot of power out of the Chevy, or Ford for that matter, inline 6 is pretty simple, trust me it isn't. On the other hand, doing it will teach you a lot about engines and part fabrication.

Bogie

I6's are anything but simple.. they are a very simple engine, but because of the lack of performance parts for them, you gotta know how to figure stuff out, theres no 'build articles' for them.. The article I wrote on Ford 144-250 I6's in the Wiki is based on my experience... no real fabrication except for the turbocharger, but I had to figure everything out, and spend hours on dyno software, choosing cams, figuring out compression ratios, boost ratios.. my whole build was calculated with matching parts b4 it was built... cost was over $6k and I never did finish it.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.