Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Innovate 3822 G5 Wideband Air Fuel Gauge Lc-1 Kit
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75gmck25
The exhaust pipe coming off the collector should work fine. You can also buy collectors with an O2 bung already installed, but its probably cheaper to have one welded in to the straight pipe after the collector. The LC-1 kit includes the weld-in bung, so you just need to have a shop make a hole in the pipe (the guy I went to just used his torch), and then weld the bung into the top of the pipe.

You can install the bung and plug it with a bolt if you aren't ready to complete the installation. You should not leave the sensor installed in the pipe unless it is powered when the engine is running.

The LC-1 also includes instructions for a portable AFR meter installation. You put the sensor into a section of pipe, stick the pipe into into the existing tailpipe, and then wire or clip it in place. You can power the LC-1 off the cigarette lighter, or even with a small spare battery.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce~! This old dog learned quite a bit today on the installation and the "DO's" and "Don'ts" of what works...I just got off of Summit's site and found the collector reducer w/O2 bung for my header exhaust system...Summit gave me Summit money to use in April, so the total for the reducer will be $1.95 + 4.95 shipping, but since I am ordering other parts, perhaps I can save on shipping.
Thanks Again Bruce~!