Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Input on Custom Grill project
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Alan, Larry, Unstable, building a grill is about as simple as you can get. If you can cut and weld your halfway there. I think 3/8" bar is a bit to big myself. I kinda gives it that "JC Whitney" look. I personally don't like 3/8" tubing, however if that what you guys want thats your choice. If you have an idea of what you want or the look your going for I could help you nail down exactly what you should do. If you don't have any idea I could help you come up with one. Pasedena is correct though, when building a grill air flow is an important factor. Many rods that close or narrow the air path have other ways of bringing in air.

Alan, I havn't in recent years been up close and personal to a '54, but the entire grill has to come off. It may be tack welded in two or three places, but it can't be perminent. If you give me an idea on what your looking for in a grill or what theme or look your going for with the truck I can tell you how to build it, or help you come up with something cool.

Unstable, I think a comuter geek is alot esier on the body than being a sheet metal geek. A 57 grill is just no sweat, can be built in a day if you have all the supplies. PM me on what your looking for and I might be able to help you out.

HK

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>