Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - INPUT I NEED INPUT PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 09:34 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Cam removal,pull distributor,intake,loosen rocker arms to remove the pushrods,then remove the lifters,remove water pump,pulleys,harmonic balencer,timing cover you'll have to loosen your oil pan bolts to get the timing cover off.remove timing gear then put you a long bolt into your cam where your timing gear bolts to just something to hold onto while pulling cam out. are you doing a full tear down? If you are then pull the heads then flip it over and remove pistons,and crank Make sure your rod caps are numberd for that cylinder unless your going to have them reconditioned then it wont matter but I like to put them back in the same hole just me.then make sure the main caps are marked, these MUST go back where they came off.put some rubber hose on the rod bolts when knocking the pistons out to keep from knicking your crank,use wood handle to tap pistons out good luck hope I did'nt for get any thing. when you need help just ask somebody will answer(wrenchturner)

[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: wrenchturner ]</p>