Inspection Cover for Truck Bellhousing - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Inspection Cover for Truck Bellhousing

I'm trying to locate the correct bellhousing inspeection cover for my SBC truck bellhousing #6263756. I bought the bellhousing with a Muncie M21. but no cover was included. I thought I found the right one on Ebay (GM part # 3843943, but bought it and found that 3 of the 4 holes line up but the 4th (by the starter) is off by about 1/4", and it's not quite large enough to cover the starter area completely. I did a search online and cant seem to find any information for this bellhousing. I have the 168 tooth flywheel, and will be using the M21. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM

Last photo:

Pushing to the top again. Can anyone give me any help on this? I spent a couple hours looking for this on the internet and have drawn nothing but blanks. Surely these had inspection covers. There is also a "486" truck bellhousing cover but cant find anything on a cover for this either. Calling all bellhousing experts, please!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Last photo:

I posted some Info awhile back about this. From what I remember this part has been discontinued. I think there's a 5-speed Trans part that fits it tho'.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 AM

Last photo:

It is a discontinued part; I think Pace or Scoggin Dickey had a replacement. The T5 one may work, Im not sure.

Make sure your M21 has a front bearing retainer (the flange shaped casting the input pokes through) that has the correct diameter for the 11" clutch housing. If your diameters are incorrect, this will cause huge problems and possibly catastrophic damage to the gearbox. There is an aftermarket front bearing retainer that fits the M20, M21 and M22 and has the proper approx 5.125" dia. to work with the 11" truck hsg. Price is about $40.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 AM

Last photo:

Update:

Does anyone know if the inspection cover for the truck bell (11" clutch - not the 621 specifically) will work on a 'regular' housing?

P/N 6263757 for the truck housing insp. cover; according to PartsVoice is still on the shelf.
Looks like there is 25 in the country on the locator network
http://www.partsvoice.com/partsearch
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Last photo:

Yep. I finally found a source called 4 speed conversions. I've attached a link.
http://www.4speedconversions.com/6263757-2
They give it their part# 234, but they confirmed it is a "757" number. It's new old stock. I ordered one yesterday. My bellhousing has the conversion ring in the hole to bring it down to the standard car size for the Muncie. Thanks for the help and I hope someone else can use this information as well. I found a few old posts where people were looking for this part but never got a good answer.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.