Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Install jag rearend in 1928 model A
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

Jag irs.

The XkE Jag is narrow enough to fit easily but has wire wheels. Kits or sedan pieces can be used for 5 lug chevy wheel patterns. A retired machinist in San Martin, Calif lived just north of Me and built complete Model A chassis using the Jag XkE torsion bar front and the XkE Rear suspensions. It has been about 10 years since I was to California and visited his shop behind his house . Most XKE parts are now expensive too because of restoration demands. Jag sedan rear ends can be narrowed, and new tubular half-drive shafts fabricated. There are various width's of rears used in the sedans. My son had an XJS rear in his 22 dodge lakester. We used the CCR T bucket plans, moved the upper spring-shock mounts inboard as per the plan but it is still a little too stiff for my liking. Google Jag IRS IFS suspension swaps and you will find lots of info K & K custom crosmembers in australia or new Zeland has custom parts to use the Jag sedan front suspension parts.