Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Installed Bendpak XPR-10C-168
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Installed Bendpak XPR-10C-168

I ordered the lift on a Monday and got it the next Monday. You need a forklift to unload the lift from the delivery truck. The whole package weighs 1976#. I hauled it home on my 3000# ATV trailer with no problems. Didn't have far to go, just across town about 3 miles.

This will not be a detailed description of the install as you must read the step by step instructions. They jump around a bit but overall are very good, pictures and all.

We unpacked the lift and took it inside the shop with an end-loader. Each column after unpacking everything out of it, except the lift carriage, weighs 575 lbs.

Everything was there that was suppose to be and there was only minor paint damage to the columns. The supplied paint took care of that.

The hard part was setting the columns, standing the columns up and putting them in place. The 2' extensions make for a very tall item. Again we raised the columns with the end-loader and set them on our chalk lines. Six 3/4" holes were drilled using the base plate for a drill guide. All holes torqued to 90 lbs. ft. with no problems. It took minimal shims to get the columns plumb, a testament to the concrete guys.

It took two of us 10-12 hours of work to complete the installation. Seven hours the first day and we finished up the next day.

Four gallons of ATF and my 2500HD 4X4 Silverado was the first in the air. No problems at all lifting it. The motor didn't even change sounds going up.

Down speed is just right, felt very safe. If anyone has questions fire away.