Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Installed Bendpak XPR-10C-168
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:11 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

lift install.

I had my Lift delivered before we poured the concrete floor. I bought the kit to run the cables in the sheetmetal trough so there would be nothing overhead. I made bolt templates out of plywood and used 12 in foundation j bolts. I leveled everything and poured concrete sub- base to set the trough and anchor bolts. I leveled one set of nuts to go under the base plate to level the posts and junk pieces of strofoam around each bolt so I could get a wrench on to fine tune later. I wrapped the bolt threads with aluminum foil to keep concrete off. Al foil is a lot easier to get off than duct tape. I put in a couple of floor drains and had the concrete crew slope the floor . I thought it would be nice for clean up for snow melt off or pressure washing in the shop. That was a mistake. The transmission jack always wants to roll. I should have put the drains out of the work area and just used a floor squegee to move the water to the drains. working by myself I used the backhoe to install the columns. fine tuned plumb and torqued the top nuts. I couldn't find the bag of non shrink grout that we used when installing big building columns. I worked on the Mustang and the roadster up on the lift It was nice. Later I pulled in the dually diesel F 350 dump truck and raised it . with out the grouting ,, the base plate bent !. and the posts were out of plumb. I had to relevel and look again in the cargo containers and found the grout in the wrong cargo container, Elect and plumbing is supposed to be in one container and concrete and masonry-drywall stuff in another. To pressure wash under a car it's easier to put it up on the big 3 car hauler trailer that is open down the middle than clean up inside the shop.