Hot Rod Forum banner

Installed USA 230 Radio & Undercover II Speakers today

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ProStreetRob 
#1 ·
Even know my cars already ALTERED a little :D I didnt have a radio in it and didnt want to cut it up any more than it already is so I went with this set up and installed it today. Very Happy with the Results and got dam this this cranks :thumbup:

USA 230 AM/FM 200 Watt Radio w/iPod Input
(I can add an option CD if wanted)

Undercover II 200 watt Speakers
Each box was a 8" Woofers & (2) Tweeters

They did fit under the seat as they're suppose to but I decided to put them behind the seats instead.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hope this unit works out for you.
I have had 3 of the CAS units over the years, and have not been happy
with any one of them.

The unit currently in my 59 may replaced soon with another brand.

The "other" brand that I have in my 66 Elky sounds much, much better
out of the box than any of the CAS units did.

I have been told that if I were to install an amplifier, the CAS unit would sound much better, but I am of the mindset that if one spends over $300 for head unit, one should not have to spend another couple of notes to provide the quality sound.

I do not need loud-----I need clear, at a low volume

#5 ·
Thanks Guys :thumbup:

Bryan59EC said:
Hope this unit works out for you.
I have had 3 of the CAS units over the years, and have not been happy
with any one of them.

The unit currently in my 59 may replaced soon with another brand.

The "other" brand that I have in my 66 Elky sounds much, much better
out of the box than any of the CAS units did.

I have been told that if I were to install an amplifier, the CAS unit would sound much better, but I am of the mindset that if one spends over $300 for head unit, one should not have to spend another couple of notes to provide the quality sound.

I do not need loud-----I need clear, at a low volume

Wow hope I didnt screw up by buying this one but the "other brand" had a minimum 6 week back up on making one for my Nova. To be honest I had it cranking for a few hours today and I was very impressed with the power and sound, so were the other people that heard it. My car is VERY LOUD and cammy so once you start it up you basically cant hear chit, so in my case I guess LOUD works :D (plus I only paid $159.95 for this on E Bay)

Thanks Again and sorry if I put this in the wrong section

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.