Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Installing a detroit diesel 8v-71 on a sbc, any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

8v71 blowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm by no means an expert on blowers but I am of the understanding that only the Detroit Diesel 8-71 blowers can be modified for what you are trying to do. The 8-71s were inline engines and there apparently is some difference in the blowers used for inlines vs the 'V' engines.
so lets fix a few points about 8v71 blowers, they are from a V8 engine not an inline like 6-71 4-71 or 3-71, I now supplie any and all parts to install and run v-sewries blowers on any engine you can buy a blower intake for, I make a addaptor for your intake. all 871 blowers except weiand (pronounced why-and) have detroit rotors and gears in them, just aftermarket case and end plates. bigest mistake you can make is to asume you need to replace the end plates on a v-series blower. the stock end plates are how the blower is mounted to intake, the side bolts are more for stabilizing than holding down. my soon to be released CD will cover start to finish converting the v-series blower, 2013 Rick Dean
The Following User Says Thank You to deanblowers For This Useful Post:
1Gary (01-08-2013)