Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Installing front suspension
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Last wiki edit: Suspension: designs, shapes, sizes Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko48 View Post
It looks like after I get the front installed and about 600 lbs on it I will be able to set the final rake I am looking for. The early C4 is narrower, not sure how much but mine is out of a 90 and I got everything with the front and rear for 700 bucks I will have to have some special rims made but I think i will like the ride.
I have done several of these C4 suspension installs into a variety of vehicles. One thing I would recommend (it may be too late) is to mock up the suspension components at ride height (for the front suspension that means hand assembled without the spring and mocked up so the tie rods are level, and for the rear suspension without the spring and so that the toe adjuster arms are level). Set up the frame at ride height and rake, and then mate the suspension. Put the suspension into the frame at the height of the radius of the wheel tire combination you will be using. Doing it this way guarantees the truck will sit the way you want it, and the suspension will be in it's proper static ride height position.

Regards,

Andy

P.S. While the later Corvette suspensions are vastly superior to the C4 in many ways (also much wider) you are correct in stating that dollar for dollar, these suspensions are a great way to get decent handling, great brakes and steering plus light weight and good looks for relatively low cost.