Hot Rod Forum banner

Installing glass in 51 ford pickup chopped top

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwcnj45 
#1 ·
I am ready to have glass installed in my 51 Ford Pickup which has a 3 inch chop. Since the vent window post has been removed -- my glass guy and also I were wondering what to use for the window channel so the glass won't rattle. I have look a LMC truck components and was thinking of using their anti-rattle kit. It looks like I would need two of them because of the missing vent window post. Just wondering if anybody else has done this?

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to Hotrodder's Bulletin Board. I am going to move your post to the Exterior section of the board. I think you will get better answers to your question there.

Dan

#3 ·
Hagan Street rods sells a kit you could use. They have a website. When I chopped the top on my 48 F1 and went with the one piece window I just used a piece of 3/4" metal channel and made some brackets to attach it inside the door. Don't forget to mount it at an angle to match the rear window channel. I think the angle is about 10 degrees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.