Hot Rod Forum banner

insulation & carpeting

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JeffB 
#1 ·
I'm going to be doing the interior of my 54 Ford and I need some feedback on insulation and carpeting. This will be the first interior I've ever done and any tips will be appreciated. I've read just about all of the posts already pertaining to this, but maybe I've missed something. Thanks, Joe

#2 ·
If it was me, and this was my first car interior, I would get ready made carpet and the insulation that comes with it from a place like Auto Custom Carpets. CLICK HERE There are others on line. I had a customer bring me pre-made carpet and jute padding from them for his '53 Chevy, and it worked out real well. I had to tweak it a little, but it went in just fine. I also bought carpet from them for a 77 Corvette, and that worked out good too. It's also reasonably priced.

#3 ·
Dan, thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting the carpet from Stock Interiors. Do you think 3/8 jute padding with the padding already on the back of the carpet will be too much? I'm sure I will have alot of questions because I'll be doing the door panels and seat covers too. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe

#4 ·
Stock Interiors probably gets their carpets from ACC. That should be fine for padding. Look at the tutorials at the beginning of the Interior section for tips on door panels and seat covers. That should give you the basics and get you started.

#5 ·
fiddyfofoad said:
I'm going to be doing the interior of my 54 Ford and I need some feedback on insulation and carpeting. This will be the first interior I've ever done and any tips will be appreciated. I've read just about all of the posts already pertaining to this, but maybe I've missed something. Thanks, Joe
Joe,I sent you a pm to click on. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.