Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intake + Carb for 305HO then to built 350 (74')
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 06:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question Intake + Carb for 305HO then to built 350 (74')

I own a 1984 Camaro and I have the 305 HO in it right now. I was told there is no replacement for displacement. So I got a 350 from a 74' truck for about $100. Looks great and piston walls have hardly no wear. Was sitting in a heated garage for the last three years. I am getting it bored .030 over, 3 angle valve job, heads and block decked, and I am looking for a higher performance Cam. Looking to transfer over as much as I can from the 305 except I want to get rid of the Rochester Quad on top and also the intake. To throw a wrench into things, I would like to keep some of the stock smog equipment so I don't have to search for an inpsection station that will over look the missing equipment. What intake and carb would be a good recommendation for use on the 305 to move it here and there until I can get everything completed on the 350, and not waste any money so the new intake and Carb will be a great peformer with some power on the new rebuilt higher performance 350? I hope some can help. I am planning on being a frequent person on this forum, this is my first Engine for myself. My brother has built about ten but mostly mopars. I two own two dodges, but got the Camaro and want to make a good project out of it. If someone can help with some insite I would appreciate it. Are the Edelbrock complete Injection units worth the money $1800? Or is this a waste of money on an 1984? Thanks LeRoy leroytitman@earthlink.net